Make these special red velvet and chocolate chip brookies for someone special this Valentine’s Day. These easy treats will have you looking like a pastry chef this holiday. It’s also a fun project to make with the kids! Disclosure: this post contains some affiliate links. This means that when you click on a link to make a purchase, I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I only post links to products I use and recommend.
Ingredients (Makes 6)
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 roll Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
- Cream Cheese Icing
- Heart Candy of your choice
We used this adorable Mini heart pan for our cakes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Combine red velvet cake mix with egg, water and vegetable oil.
- Coat the heart pans with cooking spray and a little bit of all-purpose flour. Poor the red velvet batter into the backing pans half way. Use a spatula to spread the batter evenly.
- Top the red velvet batter with an even layer of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and let cool. Once cooled, take out the heart brookies and set on plate.
- Scoop in cream cheese icing into a ziplock bag. Cut off a small piece of a corner of bag. Squeeze out icing to decorate the brookies. Add heart shaped candies. Enjoy!
Have fun decorating the heart brookies. Kids will have a great time decorating too!
Will you be making these yummy brookies for Valentine’s Day?
xo The FAM Team