Most parents of toddlers cringe at the idea of taking their toddler to a restaurant. It’s a total gamble for sure! You don’t know what to expect. So much can go wrong and the worst part is the looks from other kid-free restaurant goers when your toddler is acting up (don’t lie, that was once you!!) Well the good news is that there is still hope for an almost perfect trip to a restaurant with your toddler. #MommyRescue is here to help prepare you for a successful! It is totally possible and here is how. It’s all about being prepared. Extra prepared! We show you just how to create a perfect Restaurant Survival Guide so you can finally enjoy restaurants once again! Disclosure: this post contains some affiliate links.
The Must Haves:
1. SKIP*HOP Zoo Pack Little Kid Backpack in Bee Keep everything you need in an adorable toddler backpack.
2. Neat Solutions Disposable Table Toppers Restaurant tables aren’t as clean as we like to believe. Thats a big concern when your toddler likes to make a mess and eat off the table. Use these disposable table toppers to help solve that icky situation. Added bonus is that these toppers are super cute and feature characters that your kids love. This is a total double duty item because it keeps their eating surface clean and the pictures will provide some much-needed extra entertainment.
3. Honest 4-Pack Travel Wipes Its almost impossible to leave the house with a toddler and not need to use a wipe during your trip out. These travel wipes are perfect to keep in your restaurant survival bag. They are great for sticky situations!
4. Summer Keep Me Clean Disposable Bibs If your little one likes to get messy while they eat then consider using these disposable bibs while you are at a restaurant. This way it will eliminate the need to bring multiple outfits for them. The beast part is that since they are disposable, it’s one less thing to clean!
Entertain The Little Ones:
Go for unique puzzles. Coloring and drawing are great forms of entertainment. The key is to only let them play with these items when you are at a restaurant. This way it seems new and exciting to them. Remember to mix it up to keep their interest!
8. Itzy Ritzy Snack Happens Medium Reusable Snack and Everything Bag If you have a picky eater then this one is a must! Also If your toddler is hungry and having a hard time waiting for their food then a snack may be just the thing you need!
9. Itzy Ritzy Travel Happens Medium Sealed Wet Bag Messes happen! This reusable wet bag can be just the lifesaver you were looking for.
Other things we suggest adding to the Restaurant Survival Bag are travel utensils for toddlers and a sippy cup. Remember, you can do this! The more you go the better you will be at handling every obstacle you may face when taking your toddler to a restaurant. If all else fails don’t be ashamed in using an iPad or your phone to play a movie for them. Sometimes it’s just the thing you need!
What would you include in your Restaurant Survival Bag?
What restaurants do you enjoy taking your toddler to?
xo The FAM Team