Well it’s happening! You miss your period and wonder could this actually really be happening? A pregnancy test ( 2, 3 ,4 ,5 tests) later it’s all starting to get real! Your pregnant!! After the excitement or shock settles you begin to ask yourself…. Ok but now what??
When we found out we were expecting our second we were extremely excited. We have been trying for some time on expanding our little family. But once the hugs and smiles settled I then faced the question…. Ok but now what?? Since this is our second pregnancy I felt slightly more prepared for what was to come. I created a list of some First Trimester Must Haves that were super important for me.
My first trimester experience:
It all started off great and exciting (minus the breast pains!) I was really dreading the idea of getting so sick like I did with my daughter. I had HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) until about 15 week with her. Sine I was about 4.5 weeks when we found out I wasn’t looking forward to the next few months. Luckily the sickness didn’t start until about 5.5 weeks in. From there it just went down hill with everyday becoming worse. I couldn’t move from the bed and if I did it was to the bathroom or the couch. I had absolutely no energy. I tried my hardest to eat and drink as much as I could. I slept so much! I think like 18 hours of the day I was just completely asleep. At 9 weeks was when it got really bad. The HG kicked in and I went from throwing up 2/3 times a day to upwards of 10 times a day. I couldn’t keep anything down. This lead to weight loss and multiple visits to the er for dehydration. Finally at 13.5 weeks I started getting some relief. I went back to just throwing up 1 to 3 times a day and my appetite came back with vengeance! It then turned into regular morning sickness until about 15.5 weeks. So for me first trimester isn’t the best. You get so excited with the wonderful news and then things go south real fast with being so sick.
When things finally got better towards the end of first trimester we finally got to take a much-needed family vacation to Croatia.
Also its never too early to start a baby registry! I like starting one early so that I can take my time to explore and research all the products. I don’t tell anyone about the registry until later so that I can really work on my list. Amazon Baby Registry is the best way to make a registry since you have access to so many products and great reviews! Amazon has everything you need and its easy and fun to create your registry. They also always offer great deals and discounts when you purchase off of your registry 🙂 Click the banner to start your own registry!
Here is my go to list of Pregnancy Must Haves for the First trimester! They all really helped me and made the first trimester a little easier!
1. CAKYE Woman’s Underwire Maternity Nursing Bra– Comfortable nursing bras! One of the first signs of pregnancy for me is really painful breasts. They hurt and are swollen. It is so painful that I can’t even sleep on my stomach and I cringe when I put on a shirt! So one of the first things I do when I find out I’m pregnant is to get a really nice and comfy nursing bra. Something that I can sleep in to help offer some relief to the pain. I like getting a nursing bra because I know I will need them later so it’s just a better way to save money.
2. Mama Mio Gorgeous Glow Balancing Facial Wash– So you always hear about that pregnancy glow thing but what about the pregnancy acne? I break out a lot during my first trimester. I like to use a face wash that is safe to use during pregnancy.
3. S’well Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle– Staying hydrated is so important. Something I struggle with on the daily is drinking enough water. I need it to be ice-cold for me to want to drink it. The only way to get myself to drink enough is to bribe myself with a super cute water bottle that keeps my water nice and cold. This is something you can use throughout your entire pregnancy and beyond.
4. Ingrid Isabel Woman’s Maternity Everyday Bellaband– So you may be one of those that start showing super early or a lot later. For the first trimester it’s nice to try to stay in your clothes for as long as possible. I love using this belly band because I can wear my jeans for a lot longer. I can keep my jeans unbuttoned and just use the band to keep it covered and in place. A great way to save some money on pregnancy clothes until you really need them!
5. The Ginger People GinGins Original Chewy Ginger Candy– Ginger candy is great with helping with morning sickness. If you suffer with HG like I did just be aware that nothing really helps with that! But ginger candy is great to help with regular morning sickness. I always keep a few of these in my bag.
6. Preggie Pops Morning Sickness Relief– Preggie Pops are great to help with morning sickness as well. They come in a few different flavors so if you’re not a ginger fan then you can always try their other great flavors.
7. One A Day Womens’ Prenatal Vitamins– Prenatal vitamins are a must have for pregnancy. It’s great to start them as early as possible. Unfortunately if you are like me with HG your body just doesn’t want anything in it. But when I’m feeling better I try to take my prenatals. I’ve tried many different kinds and I really like this brand.
8. What to Expect When You’re Expecting– A pregnancy book is great to help answer any of the questions you may have. If its your first pregnancy or second it’s always great to refresh on what to expect. This book has been the go to book for as long as I can remember.
What would you add to this list? What did you love during your first trimester?
FashionAveMom may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.