New expecting mammas are faced with a never-ending amount of questions when they first find out they have a bun in the oven. You strive to live a healthy lifestyle and be cautious of the things that you put into your body during pregnancy. Well what about the stuff you put on your body? Disclosure: this post contains some affiliate links.
Recently, a lot of skincare and beauty companies are being created to help this important niche market. These companies are creating products that are geared toward expecting and postpartum mothers that are looking for skincare products that they know are safe for them and their unborn baby. These companies are focusing on creating great natural products that will help with the not so glamorous aspects of pregnancy such as acne and even stretch marks. If you are looking for beauty and skincare lines that are pregnancy friendly then check out this list of eight great skincare lines for expecting mothers.
1. Novena Maternal Skin Care: Novena is an organic pregnancy skin care company that is a family owned and operated business founded on the principles of clean and safe ingredients. They focus on plant extracts as their active ingredients. Try out their Healthy Pregnancy Normal to Dry Sensitive Skin Kit ($94). It contains five full size products including Fruit Facial Cleanser, Bearberry Brightener Moisturizing Cream, Cucumber Cran Eye Gel, Citrus Blemish Corrector, and the Luminescent SPF 30.
2. Mama Mio Skincare: This premium pregnancy skincare line was created by four mothers searching for products to help them with the challenges of pregnancy. Their goal is to create a range of products that is safe and create a memorable experience that celebrates your changing body. Try the Mama Mio Your Pregnancy Essentials Kit ($36) which includes four-piece collection of their best-selling skincare products.
3. The Honest Company: This company has really taken over. It was created by Christopher Gavin and actress Jessica Alba. They both wanted to create a company filled with safe products for their babies and homes. They offer a huge range of products from baby diapers to house hold cleaning items and pretty much anything else you could think of. Their company offers a bundle option where you can have your favorite must-have items sent to your door step every month so you don’t run out. This is just a brilliant idea especially for new moms. Try their Honest Essentials Bundle ($35.95/month) which includes your choice of five products.
4. Belli Skincare: Belli is a physician-formulated skincare line created and founded by a mother in 2002. Their goal is to offer safe and effective skincare to expecting and postpartum mothers. Try their Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash ($22) to help get rid of that pregnancy acne.
5. Mustela 9 Months: Mustela is a very popular choice for the best skin care products for your baby so it was only natural for them to expand to creating products for expecting moms. Their line focuses on skin concerns that many expecting mothers have such as stretch marks. The company has been around since 1950 so they have a ton of experience with creating excellent skincare. Try their very popular Belly and Bust: Pregnancy Skincare Set ($50). The set includes Stretch Marks Prevention Cream and Bust Firming Serum.
6. Burt’s Bees Mama Bee: Burt’s Bees has been a very popular and trustworthy natural company for years. It was only natural for them to come out with a Mama Bee line adding to their already wide range of product. Their Mama Bee line is filled with wonderful and natural products for expecting and new moms. Try the Mama Bee Gift Set ($20) which includes Belly Butter, Leg & Foot Cream, Lip Balm, and comes in a classic tin. It would make a great gift to any expecting mom.
7. Acure: Acure was created by Kristy and Jon Guerra as a way to bring awareness to the importance of healthy and effective skin care made without toxins. They use a unique blend of natural and organic ingredients in their products. While they don’t have a line geared specifically towards mothers, their entire line of natural and organic products would be a great option for everyday even after your baby has grown. The also have an adorable line of baby products. Try their Sensitive Skin Body Wash ($9.99).
8. Baby Mantra: Baby Mantra was created by two sisters who have committed to a natural and organic lifestyle. They grew up with an appreciation for natural skin care so they knew that once they became mothers it was important to them to create a skin care line that was all-natural and organic. Try their gift bundle Baby Mantra Bundle of Joy Combo. It makes for a great gift for moms or expecting moms.
Which product is your favorite or do you want to try?
I’m feeling inspired to start using an all natural skin care line.
xo The FAM Team
Leave a Reply