Any new mom should know about Padsicles! It’s the absolute best thing to help with recovery post a vaginal birth. I was lucky that my last hospital provided some for me but this time I need to make my own. They are actually really simple to make and the relief they provide is so very helpful! All you need are just a few items and in just a little bit of time you can have a whole stock ready for use. I suggest making them before your due date since you will be too busy once baby comes and you will want to use them as soon as possible. I suggest making at least 30-35 padsicles if not more to make sure your covered. Disclosure: this post contains some affiliate links.
What you need:
Pads– It’s best to use an overnight style for the most protection, coverage, and comfort. The Always maxi overnight brand is by far the most popular for padsicles.
Witch Hazel– Go for the large bottle since there are so many great uses for witch hazel.
Aloe Vera– Go for the big bottle as well since it is great to have in the home for all the many uses.
Lavender essential oil– Great scent and it helps with the healing process.
Large freezer Storage Bags– Make sure they are the freezer kind. You can fit a few pads in each bag.
Heres How to Make Them!
- Unfold a few of the pads and lay flat. Leave the backing on the pads. Lay out a few at a time to make the process faster.
- Start with the Aloe Vera. Generously spread the gel from the top to bottom of the whole pad. Make a zigzag to make sure you cover it well. Don’t be stingy with this step! The more you have on there the better.
- Add about 1 1/2 teaspoons of Witch Hazel right down the center.
- Add 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil to the pads.
- Refold the pad and put it in a gallon size freezer bag and put in freezer until ready to use. Once you are ready to use one just let it sit for about 2 to 3 minutes at room temperature before use.
This will be such a big help!!